Friday, January 06, 2012

Are you praying?

It is mind-boggling to me that there are as many "methods" for "growing" a church as there are churches that need to grow! Yet, when I read the Bible, the only growth I can find is what God Himself has brought about. Paul makes it perfectly clear in 1 Corinthians 3:6, I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth (ESV).

So, I have challenged Immanuel Baptist Church (where I pastor) to make 2012 a year of prayer. We are seeking God's face. We are asking Him to give us boldness in proclaiming the Gospel. We are praying specifically for our lost friends and family. We are praying for a church-planting movement to break out in our association, state convention, nation and among the unreached peoples out to the ends of the earth.

I am praying for you, dear Christian, as Paul prayed.

I pray that the eyes of your heart will be enlightened, that you will know the hope to which you're called, that you may know the greatness of His power, and the riches of His glory.


Who has our heavenly Father placed on your heart to pray for? Are you praying?

No comments: