Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Things have changed...........

I was looking at this almost defunct blog and realized how much things have changed in my life since my last post. That post, I am embarrassed to say was in April of 2010. In September of 2010, I started a new chapter in ministry as the pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church in Racine, WI (about 3 hours south of my previous ministry). 

I went from being the pastor of about 20 people to the pastor of about 50 people. I went from a home office to an office at the church. I went from a very rural, farm-based setting to a very urban, blue-collar setting. In short, everything around me changed. 

In that same time, my younger daughter turned 18 and moved out. My older daughter, who had moved out nearly 3 years ago, moved back in. And my son turned 18 and is a senior in high school and is making plans for college.

So, combine a complete change of setting with being on the verge of empty nest and I should be an emotional basket case. But I have to tell you, I'm not. Not at all. God has been my rock, my refuge, my provider, my strength, my comfort, my wisdom and any other goodness you could possibly see in me. He has done it all, and I am very grateful. 

There is one thing that I would really love for God to do for me. I still own a house that I don't live in. I would like to have a house here, in my new ministry setting. This is not whining, but a request of you, faithful reader. Would you pray that my old house gets sold and that the offer we are currently working on would be accepted? This housing market would say that neither is really possible, but God often does the impossible (see, for instance, virgin birth, blind men seeing, deaf men hearing, lame men walking, etc.) 

Oh, Father, please be glorified in giving me the desire of my heart, a house. Thank you. Amen.

No comments: